Congratulations on your acceptance and welcome to the online MA in Homeland Security! We look forward to having you as a Pace University online graduate student.
Check your personal email for a message from your admissions advisor with your MyPace Portal username. You can also find your MyPace Portal username on your admission letter.
The following steps need to be taken in order to fully enroll. We have also included some helpful information on academic advising and course registration below.
These tasks should be completed as soon as possible upon acceptance:
Pay Tuition Deposit
You must pay the $200 tuition deposit before you are able to register for classes. Pay your deposit online today!
Activate Your Pace.edu Credentials
Follow these steps to activate your credentials:
- Check your personal email for and login in to your Applicant Status Portal to view your decision and your MyPace Portal username.
- Once you have your MyPace Portal username, activate your account.
Students sometimes receive an error message that says “Credentials not recognized.” If you receive this error message, contact ITS at 914-773-3333 to reset your password.
Please be advised that you will need to activate your Pace credentials before you access your Pace Email account or register for classes.
Access Your Pace Email Account
- Access your Pace email account on the Outlook Web App (Exchange).
- Check your Pace Email Inbox at the top of your Pace Portal homepage for any emails from your instructors before classes begin. All official university communications will be sent to your pace.edu email, so you are encouraged to check it at least once per day.
Getting Started in the Online MA in Homeland Security
Before you register for classes, email an advisor at email@example.com. Your advisor will help you with mapping out your academic plan for the program.
The advisors for the MA in Homeland Security program are:
Phone: (914) 773-3674
Nurys Nuesi, MS
Graduate Program Manager
Phone: (914) 773-3781
Note: Graduate students can take 6 credits (part-time status) or a maximum of 9 credits (full-time status).
Visit the Schedule Explorer page to view the current list of courses offered each semester.
Follow the Online Photo ID submission instructions here to upload your photo to Blackboard for your online courses.
Logging into Blackboard
Log into Blackboard by clicking this link.
We suggest viewing a Blackboard Tutorial to help get more comfortable with the online learning environment before you begin classes.
Purchase Your Textbooks
Textbook information will be searchable via the Textbooks link in the MyPace Portal approximately one month prior to course start dates. Books can be purchased through the Pace bookstore or through any textbook seller website.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition is $800 per credit for the MA in Homeland Security program.
To view your semester charges, make payments, or review your financial aid, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your MyPace Portal and select “Student Records” in the Students tab.
- Click “Account Detail for Term.” The Office of Student Accounts can answer any questions you have about payment and charges. Call (877) 672-1830 and select option #3.
- For information on Financial Aid, visit the Financial Aid website or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Federal Student Aid is available to eligible students in the form of Stafford loans. Complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using the school code 002791 to see if you qualify.
Click here to learn more about BankMobile disbursements, the official financial aid refund distribution company at Pace.
Some holds may be placed on your account due to missing admission documentation including:
- Official and Final transcripts
Official transcripts must be received by the end of your first semester.
To check if you have any holds, please follow these steps:
- Log into your MyPace Portal and select “Registration, Grades, and Tuition Schedule” in the Students tab.
- Select the middle tab, “Student Records.”
- Click on “View Holds.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions? Check our FAQ for more information on textbooks, financial aid and tech support.