Congratulations on your acceptance and welcome to the online MA in Homeland Security! We look forward to having you as a Pace University online graduate student.
Check your personal email for a message from your admissions advisor with your MyPace Portal username. You can also find your MyPace Portal username on your admission letter.
The following steps need to be taken in order to fully enroll. We have also included some helpful information on academic advising and course registration below.
These tasks should be completed as soon as possible upon acceptance:
Activate Your Pace.edu Credentials
Follow these steps to activate your credentials:
- Once you have your MyPace Portal username, visit our account management site to activate your Pace.edu email account and your Pace portal account.
- After activating your accounts, you can log in to the MyPace Portal with your credentials.
Students sometimes receive an error message that says “Credentials not recognized.” If you receive this error message, contact ITS at (914) 773-3333 to reset your password.
Please be advised that you will need to activate your Pace credentials before you attempt the next two steps.
Pay Your Tuition Deposit
You must pay the $200 tuition deposit before you are able to register for classes. To pay the deposit, visit https://appsrv.pace.edu/THD-grad/.
Access Your Pace Email Account
- Access your Pace email account from the Outlook Web App (Exchange).
- Check your Pace email at the top of your Pace Portal homepage for any emails from your instructors before classes begin. All official university communications will be sent to your pace.edu email, so you are encouraged to check it at least once per day.
Getting Started in the Online MA in Homeland Security
Before you register for classes, email an advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your advisor will help you with mapping out your academic plan for the program.
The advisors for the MA in Homeland Security program are:
Phone: (914) 773-3674
Nurys Nuesi, MS
Graduate Program Manager
Phone: (914) 773-3781
Note: Graduate students can take 6 credits (part-time status) or a maximum of 9 credits (full-time status).
Registration and Pace ID Card
Visit the Schedule Explorer page to view the current list of courses offered each semester.
If you wish to be issued a Pace ID card, you can request one here. Follow the instructions for “Online Photo ID Submission Option.”
Logging into Blackboard
Log into Blackboard by clicking this link.
We suggest viewing a Blackboard Tutorial to help get more comfortable with the online learning environment before you begin classes.
Visit this page to purchase textbooks for your courses: ONLINE BOOKSTORE
Note: You will need the course names and CRN (Course Reference Numbers) to order your books.
To purchase other school supplies and Pace-branded items, click here.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition is $800 per credit for the MA in Homeland Security program.
To view your semester charges, make payments, or review your financial aid, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your MyPace Portal and select “Student Records” in the Students tab.
- Click “Account Detail for Term.” The Office of Student Accounts can answer any questions you have about payment and charges. Call (877) 672-1830 and select option #3.
- For information on Financial Aid, visit the Financial Aid website or email email@example.com. Federal Student Aid is available to eligible students in the form of Stafford loans. Complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using the school code 002791 to see if you qualify.
Some holds may be placed on your account due to missing admission documentation including:
- Official and Final transcripts
Official transcripts must be received by the end of your first semester.
To check if you have any holds, please follow these steps:
- Log into your MyPace Portal and select “Registration, Grades, and Tuition Schedule” in the Students tab.
- Select the middle tab, “Student Records.”
- Click on “View Holds.”